AEM’s Wideband Failsafe Gauge provides the ability to accurately tune AFR, while actively protecting your engine by constantly monitoring AFR curves and activating a user-defined failsafe strategy if it runs lean.
The Wideband Failsafe Gauge is a Universal Exhaust Gas Oxygen (UEGO—“you-way-go”) controller with an internal boost sensor, an internal data logger and a full color Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) display. It includes technology to activate a failsafe strategy in the event AFR falls outside of a user-defined operating window. If the AFR falls outside of the set operating window, the Wideband FAILSAFE Gauge triggers a user defined output function that can save an engine from catastrophic damage.
This gauge is a must have for all tuned performance engines, either forced induction or naturally aspirated, fuel injected or carbureted. Any high performance vehicle owners who want a highly accurate AFR tuning tool with logging and a protection strategy that can save an engine from catastrophic failure will want this Failsafe device.
WIDEBAND FAILSAFE GAUGE TECHNICAL FEATURES:
- Displays both boost or vacuum and AFR or Lambda simultaneously on the same gauge
- Internal boost sensor
- Bosch Wideband UEGO sensor and weld-in bung included
- On-Board 3+ hour Datalogging capability at 20hz per parameter
- Full color Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) Display in center, user selectable feature (boost/vacuum or AFR)
- 24 three-color sweeping LEDs, user selectable feature (boost/vacuum or AFR)
- Intuitive set up software
- Dimmer input included
- Interchangeable faceplates and bezels (see options, below)
- No free air calibration required—ever
- Data analysis using AEMdata software
WIDEBAND FAILSAFE GAUGE INSTALLATION FEATURES:
- AEMnet compatible (CAN 2.0)
- Differential AFR analog output
- Differential boost analog output
- Configurable RPM input for logging
- One low-side driver output (Ground with 1.5 amp max draw)
- Positive-lock connectors
- Tunable PC-based software with USB connectivity
- Time based reset for outputs
WIDEBAND FAILSAFE GAUGE FACEPLATE STYLES:
- Kit comes with 6 different faceplates and black and silver bezels.
- Black Vacuum only in sweeping LEDs
- Black and White AFR in sweeping LEDs
- Black and White Vacuum/Boost in sweeping LEDs
- Black Lambda in sweeping LEDs